Dental Fillings Restore Teeth To Their Pre-Cavity Glory
Dental fillings from our friendly team
- Strengthen the affected tooth
- Improve the tooth’s color
- Cavity protection
- Prevent tooth loss
- Stop a cavity from growing.
Everyone is susceptible to cavities, but they can be prevented with a diligent home care regimen that includes regular brushing at least twice a day and flossing once per day.
Cavities can affect anyone. With early intervention, the good news is that we can eliminate the decay and restore your tooth to perfection.
How To Tell You Have A Cavity
Early on, you probably won’t even know you have a cavity. But as a cavity progresses, there are several telltale signs it has crept in. They include:
- surface stains
- out-of-the-blue tooth pain
- minor or significant pain when chewing.
Types of available dental fillings
There are several options to choose from, including:
- Silver (amalgam) fillings. This choice is losing popularity due to the fact it’s noticeable in an entirely white smile. And for some patients, this material can cause tooth sensitivity when consuming hot or cold foods and beverages.
- Cast gold fillings are tough and have a flashy look that is appealing to some people. They will run you a good chunk more than other options.
- Tooth-colored composite fillings are in high demand because they blend in beautifully with your natural smile.
If you’re seeking a dentist in the Charlotte area who can take care of your cavity, call us today. If left untreated, decay can cause an infection in the tooth. And eventually, it can kill the tooth’s pulp. Once it gets to that stage, you’re looking at either a root canal or complete tooth extraction. Don’t wait for that to happen. Get in touch today!