Dental Sealants In Charlotte - Regal Oaks Dental
As your dentist in Charlotte, we always have your, and your family’s, best interest in mind. It’s our job to help you keep healthy – in body and smile – and all of us at Regal Oaks Dental take this very seriously. With a preventive view in everything we do, our goal is to intercept oral health issues before they happen … to keep you smiling.
As your dentist in Charlotte, we prioritize your oral and overall dental well-being. Prevention is key, so we encourage regular checkups, cleanings, and proper at-home hygiene practices.
Additional protection may be required to maintain optimal oral health in certain instances. Dental sealants Charlotte provide a dependable safeguard against decay and other potential issues, and our practice offers this reliable protection.
We’ve been in this line of work long enough to know that “prevention is worth a pound of care,” as Ben Franklin once said. Routine checkups and cleanings along with adequate at-home hygiene care are essential. But another form of protection is available, and it’s known as dental sealants.
Get The 411 On Dental Sealants
You may have heard of them before… or not. Either way, we’ll give you goods. Dental sealants are a thin liquid plastic coating that your dentist attaches to a tooth’s chewing surface.
They are routinely used on molars and premolars located at the back of the mouth. That’s because it can be challenging to get in between those teeth and thoroughly clean and remove all the bacteria responsible for decay.
According to the CDC, sealants protect against 80% of cavities for two years and keep safeguarding teeth against 50% of cavities for up to four years.
Some people, especially kids and the elderly, find it harder to get into those hard-to-reach places. And toothbrushes can’t always reach the bottom of a groove in a tooth to clean it. For them, sealants are something we often highly recommend.
What are the advantages of the dental sealant treatment process?
Dental sealants offer several advantages as a form of protection for teeth:
- Dental sealants are a thin layer of material that is applied to the teeth to create a protective barrier, which helps prevent cavities from forming in areas that are difficult to clean with regular brushing and flossing.
- Sealant application is fast, non-invasive, and painless.
- Sealants are more affordable than fillings and can eliminate the need for costly future treatments.
- Dental sealants are suitable for both adults and children.
- Regular checkups and proper at-home hygiene care are essential for optimal oral health.
Learn how Dental Sealants Charlotte can protect your teeth from cavities and decay by visiting Regal Oaks Dental today. Our team can give you more information about this preventative treatment and answer any questions you may have.
Our team of dental practitioners is here to answer any questions and help you achieve optimal oral health. Don't wait until it's too late – schedule your appointment now to ensure optimal dental health.
Here’s How You Can Determine if Dental Sealants Could Help Protect Your Smile:
- Protect difficult-to-reach areas from cavity formation
- A quick and painless alternative
- Reduces the necessity for expensive future treatments
- More cost-effective than fillings
- Appropriate for both adults and children