Teeth Whitening in Charlotte - Regal Oaks Dental
A bright, radiant smile can leave a lasting impression, but factors like food, beverages, and lifestyle habits can cause teeth discoloration over time. At Regal Oaks Dental, we understand the importance of a bright and confident smile, so we offer professional teeth whitening. Our skilled dentists use advanced techniques and safe whitening products to help you achieve a natural smile you'll be proud to show off.
A Bit of History on Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening has been around a lot longer than you may realize. But it’s come a long way since it was discovered. Here’s a timeline of teeth whitening for you:
4000 BC. The Egyptians gave whitening a try with vinegar and ground pumice stone. At that time, white teeth were coveted by the masses because they were deemed beautiful and a sign of wealth. Hence why the elite were doing it.
According to research, the Romans used ammonia-rich urine to enhance their smiles! While ammonia contains high acid levels, their results probably weren’t substantial.
In the 1600s, barbers didn’t just cut hair; they also offered dental-related services. One of those services was whitening. They filed down teeth and then put nitric acid on them. It worked but also contributed to decay.
Toward the end of the 1800s, dentists who treated periodontal disease discovered that peroxide could make teeth whiter.
In 1918, dentists learned that a heat lamp could speed up the whitening process.
In 1989, the dental tray with whitening gel made its first appearance.
Is teeth whitening right for you? Give Regal Oaks Dental a call for a no-obligation consultation. We’ll ask you a few specific questions and find out what you’re hoping to achieve.
How Teeth Whitening Works
Teeth whitening lightens pigmentation and removes discoloration and stains. It has the power to do this because it contains carbamide peroxide, one of the safest chemicals for whitening. When it hits your teeth, it breaks apart the chemical bonds responsible for tough stains.
Teeth whitening is an excellent option for adults and teens. The Academy of General Dentistry recommends children avoid it because their teeth are still growing. As your dentist in Charlotte, we’ll help you decide if it’s right for you and just how many shades would look best.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Brighten Your Smile?
Professional teeth whitening is a dental procedure that can effectively eliminate stains and discoloration caused by poor oral hygiene, food and drink consumption, and tobacco use. The treatment employs safe and effective bleaching agents to brighten your teeth and enhance their overall appearance.
Here's a step-by-step explanation of the teeth whitening process:
- Examination of teeth to determine suitability for whitening.
- Cleaning of teeth to remove debris and plaque.
- Application of protective barrier to gums.
- Application of whitening solution for a specific duration.
- Removal of the solution and rinsing of teeth.
- Process may be repeated for desired level of whitening.
Improve Oral Hygiene and Appearance with Teeth Whitening Charlotte
At Regal Oaks Dental, our dental practitioners aim to enhance your dental appearance and oral hygiene with professional teeth whitening services. We deliver quality care and treatment to gain your trust and make your visit a stress-free and comfortable experience. Book your no-obligation consultation today and take the first step towards a brighter, healthier-looking smile.
Reserve Your Obligation-Free Teeth Whitening Consultation Today
- Invest conveniently and cost-effectively to enhance your smile, with teeth whitening being a simple and non-invasive cosmetic treatment.
- Get predictable and safe results with your smile transformation, ensuring you achieve the desired outcome without risks.
- Improve your oral hygiene habits as you invest in your smile, which can lead to better overall health.
- Whiten your teeth safely and comfortably with various treatment options to suit your unique needs and preferences.
- Eliminate unsightly stains and discoloration on your teeth, bidding farewell to any self-consciousness about your smile.
Unlock the potential of a radiant smile with our professional teeth whitening . Our dedicated dental team is committed to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams. Schedule your appointment today and experience the transformational power of a whiter, more confident smile!