Is Teeth Whitening Right For Your Smile?
Book Your No-Obligation Whitening Consultation Today
- Have a smile that’s up to 8 shades brighter
- Safe, predictable results
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Long-lasting smile transformation
- Say goodbye to stains!
Are you looking to elevate your smile a few shades? Tired of a dull, stained appearance? Your dentist in Charlotte can give you the brighter look you desire with professional teeth whitening.
If this is a cosmetic treatment you’ve been considering, you’re not alone. Across North America, more than 10 million people will undergo this safe, cost-effective treatment.
How Teeth Whitening Works
Teeth whitening lightens pigmentation and removes discoloration and stains. It has the power to do this because it contains carbamide peroxide, one of the safest chemicals for whitening. When it hits your teeth, it breaks apart the chemical bonds responsible for tough stains.
Teeth whitening is an excellent option for adults and teens. The Academy of General Dentistry recommends children avoid it because their teeth are still growing. As your dentist in Charlotte, we’ll help you decide if it’s right for you and just how many shades would look best.
A Bit Of History On Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening has been around a lot longer than you may realize. But it’s come a long way since it was discovered. Here’s a timeline of teeth whitening for you:
- 4000 BC. The Egyptians gave whitening a try with vinegar and ground pumice stone. At that time, white teeth were coveted by the masses because they were deemed beautiful and a sign of wealth. Hence why the elite were doing it.
- According to research, the Romans used ammonia-rich urine to enhance their smiles! While ammonia contains high acid levels, their results probably weren’t substantial.
- In the 1600s, barbers didn’t just cut hair; they also offered dental-related services. One of those services was whitening. They filed down teeth and then put nitric acid on them. It worked but also contributed to decay.
- Toward the end of the 1800s, dentists who treated periodontal disease discovered that peroxide could make teeth whiter.
- In 1918, dentists learned that a heat lamp could speed up the whitening process.
- In 1989, the dental tray with whitening gel made its first appearance.
Is teeth whitening right for you? Give Regal Oaks Dental a call for a no-obligation consultation. We’ll ask you a few specific questions and find out what you’re hoping to achieve.
Enjoy A Brighter Smile With Teeth Whitening In Charlotte
The team at Regal Oaks Dental offers a range of teeth whitening services that provide you with a brighter, whiter smile. Our professional teeth whitening technology quickly and efficiently removes stains and discolorations, leaving you with a smile that you will show off wherever you go. To find out more, schedule your appointment today by calling our team at (704) 387-3117.